Saturday, June 04, 2005

Summer roses

Roses are red
violets are blue
I think they smell wonderful
don't you?
(roses that is)

I know that's really corny but its true. I love the smell of roses. Especially the ones that smell like pink lemonade. Roses are so wonderful but boy am I bad at taking care of them. Since Angela is gone I have been taking care of her yard in which is several rose bushes. They have these black spots all over the leaves of most of them and I have no clue what to do about it. Anyway just thought I would share my thoughts for the moment. And if you have the opportunity... Stop and smell the roses... I can guarantee it will be worth it. By the way don't you just love wild roses????? They are so cool looking and they smell awesome.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com




Sorry this isn't much but its all I can think of. I keep looking for something really good to write about but I never have enough time to just sit and think about it. One of these days maybe...

9 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

hmmm, black spots, eh? wierd......i don't know what to do either:) but i LUV roses too, so pretty :) anyway, i'm tired and not making sense right now, so g'nite..:P

10:05 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Brandy do you ever make any sense.

Andrea great pictures. As for the black spots my Dad said that it is probably blight. (I don't know if I spelled that right.) But he said that it comes from to much moisture on them. If they are outside than there is not much that you can do about that. Just when you water them, water the roots not the leaves. It should go away when the sun starts to shine.
Other than that I have no clue to what that is. Just so you know both mine and my Dad's favorite flower is roses. Its probably the only flower that does not make me sneeze. I hate taking care of them. I let my Dad take care of that part. Anyway good luck!!

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love roses too, especially wold ones. Our lawn has quite a few wild rose bushes that are in bloom right now.
Great pictures again!
Esha

6:55 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

The pictures are lovely my dear! You really are a talented girl. I'll miss you Drea--now you have a wonderful summer, and...

don't do anything I wouldn't do
don't eat anything I wouldn't eat
don't...uh...don't say anything I wouldn't say...

No! On the contrary, I encourage you to be your own charming, lovely self, and don't resemble me if you know what's good for you! Haha!

I love you--go with God.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Andrea come to my blog as soon as you can. You have got to see what I did!!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

How are your roses doing? Have the black spots went away yet?

8:30 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

Hey Andrea! I have a new riddle for you. Lets see if you can figure this one out.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Gloria said...

You know the last three posts have been from me. Oh well. Just wondering... Do you have any more pictures?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Cassi said...

wow Andrea! those shots look really proffesional. do we have a budding photogroper(prolly not spelled write) on our hands?
hey, this is Cassi from Burlington OCRC. visit my blog at cassiisblonde.blogspot.com !!!

see ya

cas

11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home